Friday, August 29, 2008

Frankitchstein Socks

Frankitchstein : a mix of Frankenstein and Kitchener

New Idea:
I like the Cat Bordhi Coriolis Sock toe style (see the Begin with the toe:) as seen on Knitty Gritty. So this means toe-up socks.
I also like the way a top-down sock makes a nice and flexible top.
I have a problem with short row heels. I have come to an agreement with short rows thanks to some Cat Bordhi videos (Part1 & Part 2).
So I will knit top-down to the heel and do a short row like in the videos and set that to the side. Then, I will knit toe-up starting with the toe in the Coriolis Sock, knit to the heel, and and do a short row like in the videos. This should leave to halves of a sock that can be joined together through the heel and the around the top of the foot with a Kitchener stitch.

The whole idea of stitching together to different parts to make a whole sock reminds me of the Frankenstein monster (this comes from a friend of mine).

Frankitchstein Socks is what they will be called and
I will post the pics soon.

No comments: