Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cowboy - from Alan Dart

The Cowboy is done!
This was such a fun toy to knit.
The flat knitting and sewing edges was not so fun (I like to knit in the round). But He came out nice.
This was a gift to my mom and she is very happy.








Here's a closeup. I had to change the make up of the hands. I just couldn't get the pattern's hands to look right. You just gotta do what you like. His hands look a little more like gloves than hands, but that's fine (He just doesn't like calloused hands - gotta keep 'em soft for the ladies!)






The gun turned out great. I'll have to find a better glue than the Elmer's White School Glue. The nozzle is a small straw covered in glue and wrapped with yarn. I don't want to discolor the yarn and I felt safe with that. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

DW2 said...

He's done!!! I am so glad you posted pics of him. The vest is really nice with those colors!

AND he has a six shooter?!!? AWESOME!

Check out Alene's Tacky Glue for securing yarn. It comes in several strengths, some specific for fiber. Definitely test on a scrap first though.