Monday, June 29, 2009

A Spider For My Brother


I'm not sure why he wanted it, but I'm always up to a challenge. You can't see it clearly in the photo: there's a heart on the Black Widows back instead of the usual hourglass. It was a final change that I jokingly suggested and he said it would be cool and different.
I put pipe cleaners in the legs to give them the ability to pose And the eyes are beads I sewed in with standard thread. I warned my brother that this wasn't a kids toy (may cause choking hazard.)
The picture was taken by my cell phone and edited with picnik. Its a free photo editing site one of my youth kids told me about. I like it.

2 comments:

DW2 said...

Ok...I think that is even better than the "deadliest crab" in the newest Knitty. You so ROCK!

David said...

Hi,I'm the brother!!David...I love this spider!I have made a white spider web for my new pet and put her on my bedroom wall.The heart sets it off!Thanks Tommy, I'll keep it always!!!!!